Friday, June 30, 2006

The most fun game EVER.... (for me) :)

Shawn and I play this game.....well, I should say I play a game, Shawn is just an innocent bystander. Sometimes I get in a rambunctious mood and try to irritate Shawn as much as possible just to see how far I can push him. I certainly think that this game is pretty funny - Shawn however does not like this game at all. Tonight, after we went to go see the movie Click (which was an o.k. movie - Vanessa seemed to like it quite a bit. Me, ummmm, I still haven't decided what I think about it yet) and we were hanging out in our living room. I start to irritate him by pushing his buttons (isn't that always the way? The person you love the most knows how to irritate you more than anyone in the world?) and touching him on his face, almost like the "I'm not touching you" game, but I really am touching him and trying to irritate him. Usually this game ends up with one of us really irritated or angry, but I keep on playing it anyway. I think there is something in me that wants to figure out just how far I can push him - which I know isn't the greatest thing in the world, but there is almost a point to it. When I do this I am usually in a pretty rambunctious mood and want to wrestle with the man (literally wrestle). When we were dating, it would get so deep into wrestling that I have ended up on the floor a number of times and so has he. No major injuries though - bruises, scrapes, cuts, etc.... are pretty normal, but no broken bones yet. Shawn used to get really into this, and so did I to tell you the truth. But we don't really wrestle anymore since we got the dog. Tess gets pretty scared and acts out quite a bit because she doesn't understand that we are just playing. She thinks we are serious and needs to protect us. She will sometimes jump on the bed and try to get right in the middle of us to break it up (our wrestling matches usually take place at night - and we live in an apartment now which doesn't bode well with the neighbors). So, maybe my irritation game is a subconscious replacement of our wrestling. Come to think of it, when we used to play the "let's irritate Shawn" game, it usually ended up in a pretty fun wrestling match. In fact, for those of you that used to watch WWF wrestling - I have used the "superfly" move a number of times. Pretty fun move - but I must warn you, it must be planned out otherwise you will hurt yourself quite a bit. Good thing I have never had a bad landing (you know, since I have a really bad back). Luck I guess - but lots of fun! :)

No comments: