Sunday, September 24, 2006

Apple Hill

Today Shawn and I took a bit of time off from prepping the house for painting and we went to Apple Hill. I have never been to Apple Hill before, even though we have owned a house in the area for a year and came up here numerous times before that when we were dating and married. Today was pretty fun. I finally learned what Apple Hill is. This is exciting because I have wanted to discover what it was for some time.




I have finally learned that Apple Hill is a vast area of land in the Placerville/Camino area that has lots and lots of apple farms. Here, the owners of the farms make apple cider, apple pie and pretty much everything else apple you can think of. They open their farms for people to come visit - they sell lots of items - crafty stuff, jewelery and the like. They also show how apple juice is made, sell baked items (I know where I am getting my apple pies for Christmas this year - YUMMY!!!), and you can even go and pick your own apples. There are about 50 or so farms that do this and the whole point is to go and visit a bunch of these farms and just enjoy what they have to offer. You travel around from farm to farm, check out the crafts, buy apple stuff (cider, pies etc..) and you make a day of it. I have never done this before, and even though Shawn and I only took time to go to one farm, we had a really good time. We were only there for about an hour, but it was a welcomed break. Now that we are back I should get to the rest of the school stuff (or work, as I refer to it since they do pay me) that I need to accomplish before tomorrow morning. Until later....

(Oh yeah, in case you read my last entry, I wanted to let you all know that I am healing from what I witnessed. Thanks for praying (thanks Annie for being so concerned) for me, the prayers are helping a great deal. Talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments: