Sunday, September 17, 2006

The summer of lame TV

This summer has been horrible for TV watching. I am addicted to a number of TV shows and almost 'need' to watch them on a weekly basis. (Please don't freak out - I can give up TV whenever I want and don't actually 'need' it - so please don't message me 'challenging me' to fast from TV for a week or a month or whatever). In any case, The Office premiers this week. The husband and I can't wait. We have been waiting ALL SUMMER to find out what happened with Jim and Pam. I have a bad feeling that Pam got married anyway and Jim is now in the other office working - but we will find out on Thursday. Gosh I can't wait until Thursday!!! I just hope that I am not disappointed with the outcome of what the summer brought. Apparently they are 'reporting' in real time meaning that they ended in May and this next episode returns in September. This kind of sucks because we missed a whole 3 months of the characters lives. Yikes!!! Watching this TV show is almost like reading a book - the characters become almost real to me and I have to know what's going on with them. Like reading the Harry Potter books - right now they are in limbo, almost as if the DVD or VCR is on pause. Once the next book comes out, or the TV season resumes the DVD or VCR us unpaused and the characters come alive again. I can't wait until that happens. Ugghhhhh! The suspense is killing me.

No comments: