Friday, October 20, 2006

It's been a few days

I have been lacking a bit in my posting on Xanga. Busy with work will do that I guess. 65 days until Christmas and I can't wait. I have already figured out what I am getting everyone for Christmas this year. I can't post it here because my family reads this on occasion and I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I have a feeling this year is going to be a winner. Especially with my sister and mom - I figured out something cool to get them both (and I am picking it up tomorrow). The funny thing is, is that I am spending about as much on those two that I am for everyone else put together (including everyone in Shawn's family). But, I can't resist. I think they are going to like what I have picked out. Once Christmas has passed, I will post exactly what it is I got them. I have gotten into the habit of getting everyone in our families the same gifts, with a bit of variation (like with getting extra gifts for my mom and sister). After all, they are individuals. Since Shawn and I absolutely HATE shopping, and when we do go shopping, I come back with more 'gifts' for myself then for others, we don't do it anymore. So, every year we search for cool gifts that we could get everyone. Last year we gave everyone a trio picture frame with some of my photography and the year before that we made homemade fudge - which was soooo good. The year before that we did homemade truffles, but I didn't like that too much. While something homemade is good, it's not the ideal gift. Even though we spent more time on the homemade stuff than any other gift, I still don't like that idea very much. This year though is going to take the cake - it's thoughtful and really cool....and should inspire some good conversation and memories. :) But that's all I am going to say about Christmas gifts this year. So, 65 days until Christmas - 60 days until we move!!! (I still can't find a job up there, but I have faith!!!.....well, I am working on the faith part, but I think we will be ok). :0) God is in control!!!!!!!

No comments: