Thursday, January 11, 2007

And with a heavy heart.....



This morning my heart is heavy. So many things have happened in the last month, I can't even begin to describe. The one thing that weighs on my heart the most though is a family I have never met, but know deeply. The Graves family has been living in a hospital for the last 5 months. Their son, Noah Steven Graves has an undiagnosed medical problem which is taking his life. There has been months (5 to be exact) of unanswered questions, but better yet, 5 full months of faith. Adrienne and Jason have started a blog with information to follow what has been happening with Noah....you can read about it here: http://www.noahsteven.blogspot.com/

Over the last 5 months I have prayed for this family and have been deeply touched. This little guy has reached thousands of people. The amazing thing, and by the miracle of technology, Noah has transformed and reached many many lives all over the world. People from ALL continents on the earth have logged on to read about, pray for, and keep up to date with what is going on with Noah. I am sad to say though, that as of tomorrow, January 12, the Graves family will be taking Noah off of life support.

My heart is heavy because this guy and his amazing family have reached into the depths of my soul and touched places virtually untouched by anyone. I have seen an amazing example of unconditional love by Jason and especially Adrienne. They have been there, day by day, living in a hospital and forcefully pushing Dr's to try and find out what is going on with their little guy. They have ceaselessly prayed for Noah and have done everything humanly possible to give this little man a fighting chance.

I will pray for the Graves family as they have made an extremely tough decision. They know it's the right decision and have prayed extensively. As of tomorrow, they will be making the ultimate sacrifice and take Noah off of life support and laying little Noah at the Lord's feet. I pray God will be with them along the way and hold them in His loving arms second by second through this process.

No comments: