Sunday, February 25, 2007

We finally did it

Yesterday Shawn and I finally painted the kitchen. Yeah!!!! It is now a sage green color, officially titled Herb Garden. We are going to refinish the cabinets so everything in the kitchen is white and the walls are green. It's going to look really cute when it's done. I can't wait to have a nice looking kitchen in this house. (I will post a pic a bit later on today).

Yesterday was both good and bad. I started the day by covering my newly built shelves in my closet with shelf liner. The shelves are kind of big, so the whole process took me a couple of hours. Then we tackled the kitchen. By the time I was done with the shelves and just starting on the kitchen my back was bothering my pretty bad. But, I didn't want Shawn doing it alone, so I pushed through the pain and kept painting anyway for the next couple of hours. Ummm, probably not the best of ideas since the rest of the night I was in quite a bit of pain....even with some ibuprofin in me. We were supposed to go out to dinner and a movie with my brother-in-law and his awesome wife, but had to change plans because I was in so much pain. But, I must say, we had a great time anyway (I feel really bad about not being able to go out, but I honestly think I would have barely made it through dinner with the way my back felt......in fact, right before Jonathan and Sharon came over I was almost in tears because of the pain). Sharon and I talked for hours while Shawn and Jonathan built his new computer (his anniversary gift) and my 'new' computer which is made up of Shawn's old computer parts. Shawn and Jonathan are amazing....they have a love for computers that runs incredibly deep (although that's probably not how they would describe it).

All in all it was a productive and fun day....except for the pain that is. I think I worked out too hard the day before. Vanessa and I talked on the phone for a while during my workout and I lost track of time. At the end of it I had worked out for a full hour. Something I greatly enjoyed, but paid for later. But, all's well that ends well. The kitchen walls are painted and the kitchen is now clean, save some dishes in the sink.

No cooking for me yesterday. Our kitchen was a total disaster until Jonathan and Sharon came over. I think Monday I am going to make stuffed peppers. The recipe I have is low fat, and pretty low cal...but the ingredients sound wonderful. I will let you know how it turns out. Like I was telling my sister-in-law last night, I am trying to get 20-30 dinner recipes together before I go back to work so I can just pull from those and rotate them.

What's on the docket today? Well, finally getting our master bedroom clean. Anyone who has come over to the house in recent weeks can tell you that our room is the messiest room in the house.....but of course, not without excuse. I just finished the shelves yesterday so now I can uniformly fold all of my clothes and put them away. They have been sitting on the floor in piles (to me they are clearly piles, to others it looks like a bomb exploded all over our bedroom) waiting to be folded and put away. So, that's my goal...before midnight tonight, our room will be free of clothes on the floor and we will once again be able to walk in our bedroom.

No comments: