Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Confession #11


(Chamillionaire)

Three of my favorite songs are:

Justin Timberlake - Sexy Back
Chamillionaire - Ridin' Dirty
Ludacris - Money Maker

Don't get me wrong, I love all kinds of music, including my first love - worship. But, through my ventures as a college professor, my students have silently encouraged me to step outside of my comfort zone and listen to other kinds of music. I have taken to rap/hip hop! Now, I don't necessarily condone what is said in a lot of different kinds of music - but some of it is simply fun.....which is where the three songs above come in. The music is very telling of what the artists are into - which can ultimately represent the 'culture' they are targeting as an audience. (Please forgive me - as it gets closer to resuming my profession as a college professor, I need to shift my thinking a bit which includes diversity in many ways. Music is one of those things.......ahhhh, the beauty of diversity!).

No comments: