Monday, June 4, 2007

It's Official

I am sick. I haven't been sick in a couple years, so this has really thrown me for a loop. I think it's because of all of the preparation for the party this past month. The last month has been extremely hectic, and we STILL didn't get the house looking the way we really wanted it. Oh well! It's just a house right?

I have had a really bad sore throat for the last two days - - - haven't slept a full night in a few days - - - stuffy nose - - - weak - - - dizzy - - - exhausted!!! I am not quite sure if this is a cold or what, but I do know that the exhaustion of the last month has very much caused this sickness. My immune system is weak because of the non-stop past month. All in all I am pleased with the party (look for a wrap up post soon that will review the party) - but I am more pleased with the house. Every room is now livable, which I am extremely happy with. Now Shawn and I can have some fun this summer without having to worry about the house and home improvement stuff. In a couple of weeks we are going to put planters in the back yard for veggies, which I am excited about. I have a bunch of different melons, and veggies I want to plant, and it's almost perfect timing. We are a little late, as we should have planted a number of weeks ago - but we were simply too busy! Better late than never I say!!!

Real quick though - I must publicly thank my sister Melanie and brother-in-law Justin for all of the work they put into getting the decorations together, food prepared and all of the help the past two weekends! Those two really worked their butts off for the party. Shawn and I appreciate their help beyond words. Thank you Mel and Justin for all the effort you two put into the party - you will never know how much we appreciate it! :)

Also, our friends Maggie and Brian came up and helped out a tremendous amount. They helped with the set up, food prep and clean up of the party. I am truly thankful for all of the effort that was put in!!! The day after the party, I was eager, even though I was sick with a bad sore throat and was about to pass out, I wanted to clean the house so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I must give a huge thanks to Maggie for standing at the kitchen sink for about an hour (which isn't an easy task) getting all of the dishes clean in addition to all of the other things she and Brian did over the course of the weekend!

All in all, it was definitely a group effort to get the party going. Mel, Justin, Maggie and Brian did such a wonderful job. There is NO WAY Shawn and I could have done it without you guys. Our appreciation runs deeper than you will every know.

Also a big thanks to Brenda and Sharon for helping with food prep stuff the day of the party! :)

I must log off now as I am extremely exhausted and need to rest. This 10 minute post has already zapped what energy I had. Until later.....

No comments: