Friday, June 15, 2007

We're Exhausted

Today Shawn and I assembled 3 vegetable boxes. Wow, we did not think that it was going to take so freakin' long, but it did. Yesterday, or at least I think it was yesterday, we bought the wood, and today we tackled the project! We did not work during the hottest part of the day though, which was apparently 97 degrees here in Po-dunk-ville, but we did work through some pretty hot weather. All in all the boxes look great and will last us at least a few years,probably many more though. The boxes are 10 feet by 5 feet (one of them), and the other two are 5 feet by 3 feet. I think I am going to grow watermelons, cantaloupe and different squashes in the big one, and I can't decide what I am going to do with the others yet. But, I can tell you this though - if it ever came down to it and we needed to grow our own food, we are set! When the world comes crashing down, y'all are invited to dinner. I'm just sayin'!

Pictures to come....

No comments: