Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Just some things.....

The weekend.....

Thursday: Went over to Shawn's brother's place late at night and got quite a bit of work done - yeah me! Came home at like 1am or so.

Friday: Cleaned the backyard for the expected arrival of our hot tub this week. Worked really late into the night and didn't get to bed until pretty late again - ugghhh!

Saturday: Went to Fernley to hang with my sister for her birthday. We had a good time with everyone. I wished we could have stayed, but we had decided before we got up there that we were going to keep the visit short and sweet for our sanity. We have been busy for, I don't know, every weekend for months now and desperately need some time to unwind.

Sunday: Went to Apple Hill - simply because it was opening day. I drove around to all of the farms, 'just to see', but only stopped at 3 farms. Had some family over for dinner - it was fun!

Monday: Went on a hike, and then unexpectedly ended up in Tahoe for lunch. There was too much traffic to head back the way we came, so we headed up the mountain and went a different way home. It was a nice day - for the most part. Right after we got home, Shawn's mom and step-dad came by for an hour/hour and a half or so. We planned a dinner for the family for the weekend - Chinese on Friday night - fun times!

Today: Hmmm, let's see here - I think I will exercise and then get some prep work done for my classes tomorrow. Hopefully my classes will improve a bit, I am not feeling connected to them right now and hope it gets better. No cooking today! But, I think I figured out how to make those amazing blueberry muffins from a post about 5 months ago. I bought a wonderful Apple Cake from Apple Hill on Sunday and it had the same taste as the blueberry muffins. The secret.....I can't tell you yet. Not until I try the recipe again. :) But once I do, I am telling ya, it's gonna be the BEST blueberry muffin recipe EVER. Although, I have a feeling it's going to be a semi-homemade recipe since I will be using a box cake/ muffin mix. Maybe I will try making this recipe today, just to see if I can do it. :) Ok, so maybe some cooking today.

No comments: