Saturday, October 6, 2007

Last winter....

I posted a couple of recipes last winter that were two different pot roasts. I think the post was called "Dueling Pot Roasts". I liked both recipes, but now I am starting to experiment a bit more. There are a few recipes that I want to try - one with a tomato base - the other with balsamic vinegar and yet one last one with a can of coke believe it or not. Since it's getting cold, and chuck roast is on sale right now, I think I will stock up and try one new recipe of pot roast a week. I made pot roast for the bible study I go to on Thursday night - it was decent - not my favorite. And, this Sunday I get to do it again for company......but, the people who are coming over want plain tasting things - so I can't get fancy or anything. I will be making my ultra yummy Cheddar Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Of course I will be making something plain, like oven roasted red potatoes or something like that so our company is happy. Of course I will pair it with a couple of different vegetables and maybe even some fresh baked bread (or maybe a fluffy store bought loaf - who knows what tomorrow will hold).

Today should be fun - we are cleaning all day since we are having company tonight - and tomorrow. Ugghhhhh - I love having a clean house, but I HATE doing it. Maybe I need to learn to be a cleaner, less cluttery person.

No comments: