Tuesday, January 15, 2008

E.T. has phonned home

I just read on a local news webpage that extraterrestrials have made contact with earth. You can read about it here: Has E.T. made a call?

I think this is article is particularly interesting because it is written from the perspective that there really is other life out there, not just us humans. I do hope though, that in my lifetime, lifeforms on other planets will be discovered. How exciting would that be. Now, I am not saying that I am one of those, "I done seen it with my own two eyes" type of people, but I do hold hope that we are not the only ones alive in the universe. In fact, I think that we would be stupid to hold the opinion that we are alone. We live on a planet, why couldn't there be, in the vastness of the universe, more planets like this one with intelligent life? And for all of those folks who have "done seen it with their own two eyes" - keep on keepin' on - because in 50 years, the rest of the world may just come back to you and apologize because of how much we made fun of your 'alien sighting'.

E.T. (from earth) signing off!


NOTE: They changed the news artcile after posting it a few days ago. Now the original article was pulled, and they have replaced it with a different artcile. Apparently the journalist who wrote the original story did not do a good job at investigative reporting. Yikes!

No comments: