Friday, March 21, 2008

The Paranormal

For some reason I am deeply infatuated with the paranormal. Not the "Jonathan Edwards" type weirdness - the bible speaks clearly about that (as it does some paranormal experience). But I am fascinated with the existence of it. I watch the show called "A Haunting" on the Discovery channel a couple of times a week (you will most definitely think about the things you are putting into your mind right?). This show is about people's experience with the paranormal. Haunted houses, demon's possessing people etc... It is fascinating. Do I believe that this stuff exists? Absolutely!!!! But I don't know to what extent. I have seen some pretty interesting stuff overseas - like an exorcism in a church we were staying at while on a mission trip - that was trippy to listen to. Our leaders did not want us in the room, and rightfully so. Our team had nothing to do with the exorcism. But we did get to hear everything that went on - scary scary stuff if you don't know Jesus. But, this show is very interesting. In almost all of the episodes they call in the Catholic Church to exorcise the house/person. They always bring in the bible, and of course always cast out whatever it is hanging around in the name of Jesus.

I find the paranormal very interesting. I think this is something my mom finds fascinating as well - generational??? Who knows! But, what I really want to know is what you think. Do you think ghosts exist? Coexist with us? Do you think they are demons parading around as ghosts? What is your opinion on this?

One of the reasons why I am asking is because every semester I teach I tell my students that we live right next to a grave yard. Inevitably, every semester my students freak out and think it's creepy (even though I tell them that there has never been anything out of the ordinary happening in our house or around our house). In fact, what I do tell them is that our neighbors are "very quiet" - lol. We do have actual neighbors on either side of us. But behind us is a graveyard (from the 1800's nonetheless) which I think is the coolest thing ever.

But, what's your opinion on the subject?

No comments: