Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Truth???

With all of the president bashing going on, especially in the circles that I run with (ahem academia - thank you for producing amazingly liberal people), I am glad Pres. Bush is telling the truth - or at least part of the truth. Shawn and I talk all the time about how the Pres. is slandered because of what is going on in the economy. The truth is, is that there are MANY more people in the decision making chair than simply the president (and I am not talking about just Bush, but him and ALL the others before him).

Speaking just on gas alone - there have been proposals time and time again about building more refineries in America. But, like Bush said, the proposals have been shot down. WHY???? I don't want to get into the in's and out's of this, but I find it pretty ridiculous that people ARE STILL pointing fingers at the Pres. for what is going on now. Hello people, rising gas prices have been predicted for YEARS and YEARS now. Just because it's happening NOW doesn't mean it's a direct result of Bush. What about all of the past presidents? What did they do to help divert this?

Read the article posted on CNN's website. Click here!

I especially like the part where the Democrats report that Bush is out of touch. Uh yeah, let's just SHIFT THE BLAME AGAIN WITHOUT REALLY FOCUSING ON GETTING SOMETHING DONE! That's what is really going to make a difference in this country, shifting blame without taking action. Last time I wanted to get something done, I sat on my couch and simply complained about it until it got done. Now I have a clean kitchen, a completely remodeled house, a perfectly manicured yard and each room of the house is spotless. You know how I did it? I passed blame and did nothing. If only the world worked like that.

***She steps down from her soapbox. Discuss!

No comments: