Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gotta Love Our Area



A few weeks back I came across a website that advertised outdoor movies in a town close to ours. Shawn and I have been talking about doing outdoor movies in our backyard for quite sometime now, so this was perfect. He wants to get a projector, set up some couches in the backyard and put up a movie screen so we can enjoy outdoor movies. Well, the company that does it sets up a pretty big outdoor screen, serves free popcorn (and tonight there were free cupcakes), people bring their own chairs, blankets, pillows, etc... and enjoy a free outdoor movie. Tonight's showing was The Wizard of Oz. We had a good time. I love doing stuff like this - so much fun. Shawn thinks I'm kind of a geek when it comes to stuff like this. In fact, he looked over at me a few times and said, "Double P (his nickname for me), you're so cute." Then he laughs in disbelief that I enjoy things like this so much. Are you kidding? A FREE community event? With free movie theater popcorn! What's not to love?

I don't know what the next showing is, but it's in a couple of weeks - and you can bet your bottom dollar that we will be there.

No comments: