Sunday, August 24, 2008

The coffee conversation



Last night around 10pm or so I was craving something sweet. And, since I have cut out most whites from my diet, white bread, pasta, refined sugar, I decided I had been good enough over the last couple of weeks and wanted a couple of cookies and some decaffeinated coffee. After all, it was 10pm so caffeinated coffee was not an option. My old standby - McDonald's coffee. I love it, it loves me, and it doesn't hurt that we can see McDonald's from our doorstep....yeah, it's that close. Anyway, this is what the conversation was like at the drive-thru last night:

Window Guy: Welcome to McDonald's! What can I get for you?
Me: A large decaffeinated coffee please.
Window Guy: What?
Me: A large de-caff-ein-a-ted coffee please.
Window Guy: We don't have that kind.
Me: **silence** dumbfounded at what I just heard. I think my exact words were, "Uhhhhh, what?"
Window Guy: We don't have that kind, but we do have decaf coffee.

No comments: