Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights

My beautiful sister-in-law Julie just sent me the BEST email. Here it is:

To whom it may concern...

We do ardently request that you put up the Christmas lights on your house!!! And We also request refreshments after we are done viewing the lights.

Thank you and best regards,
The Chandler Family

Last year we purchased a Christmas light music system that blinks lights to Christmas music. Apparently my husband's family loved it so much that they have been requesting Christmas lights for weeks. I keep trying to explain to them that we have a lot going on right now with ripping out walls and replacing drywall, rerouting plumbing and having to run new electrical wires for our second kitchen. The excuses have fallen on deaf ears. Today I received the above email from Julie, my sister-in-law, and it was quite enough to motivate us to put up the lights. So, if you are in the area after Saturday, we will have tons of lights on the house blinking to music (from 5pm to about 9pm). Once you have taken in the sights and sounds, we offer refreshments afterward consisting of hot chocolate, hot apple cider and assorted goodies.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Man, I wish I could have come!

I'm sorry I've not been here, Carol! Since your blog went private, it doesn't pop up on my Reader anymore. I finally remembered than and am stopping by. Hope your Christmas was fantastic, and your New Year even better! Love you!