Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dreams

All hours of the day and night my mind is racing with lists of items I need to get done, stresses I am trying to work through and daily life maintenance. This has continued into my 'sleep life', which I try to keep separate, but somehow constantly spills over and mostly just keeps me up at night. When I was a teenager I used to choose my dreams. Sounds strange right? I had practiced so much that I would direct my dreams. This was a useful tool when I had too much on my mind. I was able to check out during the night and enjoy a quick vacation on the beach, go hiking or dream about whatever else I chose that night. Since I haven't been sleeping well again because of the economy, and life, and a handful of other things, I need to start practicing again so my sleep in enjoyable again. *Sigh* I wish it were easier.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Wow! Cool! I've never heard of anyone else that was able to do this!

(On another note - I've started growing things. Tomato, basil - trying to start mint from seed. The first try on that didn't work. I got a little daffodil plant for $3, painted a cheap pot, and they're beautiful! I just came home from the store with a couple of flowering hyacinth bulbs. Kind of a deeper bluish purple. They smell lovely!! :) Anyway. I thought of you.)