Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I just realized

Hmmm, I just realized that anyone could be reading my blog. I know you are probably saying to yourself, "duhhh", but really, it just dawned on me. This is one of those things that I already knew, but didn't REALLY think about it until just now. You know when you really sit down and think about who is reading your thoughts on the internet, it can get kind of weird. I have tracked a few people from my "footprints" area on Xanga, and everyone I have checked out so far I don't mind reading this - but there are some people that kind of weird me out a bit. What if an ex-boyfriend stumbles upon this page? Or, what if a stalker (not that anything that interesting would ever happen to me, nor would I want it to) were to come and visit my page everyday just waiting for me to post a blog? Ewwww!!! But, I guess that's the risk you take for having a Xanga page. Let's talk about something a bit more interesting - actually two things a bit more interesting.

I was watching the Maury show today and I was amazed! I need to explain though that I don't normally watch talk shows or daytime TV because I think it's a waste of time. But today I was working out for a very long time (a long time to me is about 65 minutes non-stop on the elliptical machine) and decided I wanted to watch TV. What came on really made me cringe. Mothers had brought their 2, 3, 4 & 5 year olds on Maury because they were extremely overweight. Now, I am not talking just 10 or 15 pounds - I am talking a 5 year old weighing 212 pounds and could barely walk. Every mother had pretty much the same story. They fed the kid whatever they wanted and felt bad about saying no. All I could think was, "you are the mother, you say NO". Kids need boundaries, very clear boundaries!!! If you are going to give in on everything, what are you teaching your kid? You are teaching them that they are in control, not you, the adult. Now, I don't have any kids, and don't really plan on having kids for quite a while (I am a Toys-R-Us kid myself and don't feel ready for babies), but I do know that you need to draw very clear boundaries and put kids in their place when it's necessary. The first time a kid throws a temper tantrum, that's it - I would walk away until they were finished and then confront the situation once they decided they were done. My mom did this and I never had another one. I learned at a very early age that I was NOT in control, my parents were and I needed to respect that. I did push the envelope quite a bit, but knew who was ultimately in charge.

Speaking of working out, I am neurotic. I am only teaching a couple days a week right now and have tons of time to myself - thus the book idea (see an earlier post). I kind of have the opinion that I NEED to workout everyday otherwise I am going to get really really fat. I know that's not true, but I can't get it out of my head that I should workout every single day. I used to workout for 30 minutes, and now I am up to 45mins. to 65 mins a day. And, once I up my workout time I can't go back otherwise I am disappointed in myself. I think I am a little obsessive. I worked out for 65 minutes today and think that I am going to do the same tomorrow. My friends keep telling me that I need to slow it down and give my body a day to rest (and normally I do), but when that day of rest comes, all I can think about it working out. I can't just have a day to relax, I constantly think about it. So there's a little tidbit into my workout obsession! I need help! LOL

No comments: