Monday, June 26, 2006

It's been a frustrating day

So, I now have an interview with Evergreen which is good. They called today and want to meet me on Wednesday - it sounds promising. I am excited at the prospect of expanding my teaching experience. I would really like to teach Interpersonal Communication, Small Group Communication or Intercultural Communication. Any of these would be ideal for me and pretty fun since I loved all of these classes when I was an undergrad!

I got my hair cut today. I was thinking about growing it out and donating it to Locks of Love, but have decided that I can't stand it anymore and needed to chop it off. Now it is shoulder length again and layered. I like it - it's very summer-y.

I am feeling a bit discouraged with this whole writing thing. I have so many ideas, but none of which I feel completely connected to. The latest idea I had was for a children's book. Three or four people meet at a summer camp and become friends even though two of the people start off really disliking each other. They are brought together by a mutual friend and the three of them become fast friends. Through breaking the rules and sneaking out in the middle of the night, they discover an entrance into another world (what this world is going to be, I have no idea yet). While in this alternate universe one of them gets kidnapped and the other two have to figure out how to get the third kid back. Once they figure out how to get the kid back, they return to their camp (in the normal world). This is when the summer ends and they all return to their respective homes and wait until next summer to meet up again. This time they are a year older. I have not figured out what is going to happen in the alternate world or what characters are going to be involved yet - but I hoping this idea will take shape and be a viable story line.

What I really want is an idea that I can fall in love with and will be compelled so much to write about these characters that I physically cannot not write. I also want there to be interpersonal aspects to the characters the I write - something deep - something that will connect with people. I have a feeling that I will not product a book for many years to come! But that's ok, it will happen when it's supposed to happen I guess. Until tomorrow......

No comments: