Monday, June 12, 2006

Saving Money

My husband and I went to Ikea today to get some stuff for the new house. We decided to get wood flooring for the entire downstairs of our house. While we were there we picked up some extra things. Apparently Ikea was having its annual sale today and we got quite a bit of stuff for very little money. Here is the list of stuff we purchased:

Rug 5x7 originally $129 purchased for $20
2 Rugs 4x6 originally $99each purchased for $20each
4 outside chairs originally $59 each purchased for $10 each
4 bookcases originally $69 each purchased for $10 each

All in all we saved about $700. I am so incredibly excited about that its unbelievable. The husband says that he never sees me as happy than when I am saving money on something. Dont get me wrong, we spent quite a bit of money because of the flooring, but we saved almost as much as we spent. I must admit, I love saving money which is interesting because I hate shopping!

No comments: