Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

I have been a bit preoccupied the last week or so. I am thinking about starting a business and have done nothing but research over the last week or so. Believe it or not, I think Shawn and I are going to be starting a toe ring business. We would likely go to art and wine festivals and set up a tent and fit people for toe rings. You know, the ones that are 'almost' permanent - not the adjustable ones. I am finding that this may be a viable business for the two of us. I am pretty excited about it - well, not necessarily about the work that has to go into it, but excited about the prospect.

I went to S.F. today to the BIG jewelry wholesale area (which you need a resale license to be admitted) and checked out the products that I am probably going to be selling. It's pretty interesting how this has all come together in about a week. I already have a resale license and business cards. Now all I need to do is get some art and craft festivals lined up and I will be in business. I had no idea starting a business was so easy. In any case, that's why I haven't posted in a while.....I have been a bit preoccupied. Actually, with all of this business talk I have neglected to prepare for my new classes this semester. I know, I know - I AM THE PROFESSOR - I should get on top of it. But to tell you the truth, I don't wanna!!! I want to play around until the end of summer. For all of those out there that think that their professors are totally on top of it, let me tell you, some of them ARE NOT. Don't let me mislead you, I am always prepared before class, but that does not mean that I don't stay up half the night the day before class to prepare. It's interesting, even though I am responsible for hundreds of students every semester, I am still a Toys-R-Us kid and I will NEVER grow up - NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!! (This attitude makes for interesting classes - LOL - always fun, but always informative and useful!!!).

Oh yeah, back to my point - my business. I came up with the name uTOEpia. I think it's cute, and it's probably going to look really cute on a sign - and it certainly looks cute on my business cards. What do you think? Do you like the name? I can remember, before my sisters wedding I got toe rings so my feet would look cute in my open toed shoes - which they did. I had actually purchased my first set of 'fitted' toe rigs a number of years before that and was hooked. It's been about 8 years now and I feel naked without them. Plus, I think feet look sooooo much cuter with them. So, if any of y'all out there would like a toe ring, I can certainly help you out. :)

No comments: