Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My class is going to kill me

I have come to the conclusion that I love teaching at the college level. I love it - it's not a job, it's a wonderful opportunity and I am lucky enough to be a part of it. I go to 'work' everyday and feel blessed that I have the job that I do. I walk onto the San Jose State campus, take a deep breath and enjoy everyday that I am there teaching. I love it. I love my students (mostly) and I love the fact that they are learning skills they can use for life. I love the fact that I get to be a part of it.

There is one thing though that I have noticed. Both last semester and this semester my 12 o'clock classes are pretty low in energy. My 10:30 class loves when I goof around and make jokes - by those same jokes go over like lead bricks in my noon class. This happened last semester too. My first class of the day was tired - my second class was non-responsive and my third class was the most fun class ever. Maybe it's me?!? Maybe I use up all of my energy in my first class resulting in a lack of energy for my second class. But I noticed that even the same jokes don't go over the same - frustrating. If my students don't jump on the bandwagon of my goofy personality, they are in for a boring and probably annoying semester. Who knows, maybe it will get better. But if not, I will still have my 10:30 class to have some fun with. :) I hope y'all have a great day!

No comments: