Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rough Night

I don't know what it is with me and getting sick, but I think I get sick more than most. Not flu sick, a different kind of sick. I was up all night because I was nauseated. To know me is to know that I will do anything in my power not to ... um ... 'you know'. But last night after fighting it and fighting it, I finally got up this morning and prayed that I would just do it, I finally did. And, the best part, when I finally did do 'it', it was only water. And then there's another problem, a little lower south that goes hand in hand with what I just 'got rid' of. Now it's morning and I feel like crap!!! I barely slept last night, my body temperature was flying up and down all night, and now it's 9am and I feel like a walking zombie. I am obviously dehydrated (note to self, drink some gatorade very slowly even though I am thirsty enough to drink the whole bottle in one swallow), and I woke up having just had a bad dream. I just dreamt that it was my first day at Evergreen Valley College (a college which I have never taught at before) and I missed my first class because I was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain god. Needless to say, it was a bad night. I think I am going to fast for part of the day today to make sure that everything is out of my system that is making me sick and then start on some soft foods later in the day.

The interesting part about this is that it happens to me about once every couple to few months. I get pretty sick, stay up all night trying to fight throwing up, and then spend the whole rest of the day recovering. I don't like it! I told my husband that every time I eat mayo from a restaurant I get sick. And it's almost like clockwork - I get a sandwich, forget to say "hold the mayo" and poof, 6 or 8 hours later I am sicker than a dog. When will I learn???

No comments: