Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Very Bad

I got the results back from the blood test. Bad, very bad!!! My cholesterol is much higher than it should be - my triglycerides are through the roof - and apparently exercising for 1-2 hours a day at least 5-6 days a week has done NOTHING for my good cholesterol but lower it when it should be having the opposite effect. So my fate rests in a bottle of pills - two bottles of pills to be exact. Despite my best efforts, I am doomed to a life of pills for this problem. Apparently this problem is genetic, which is of no comfort to me, a person who loathes taking pills - but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Please keep me in your prayers. Though this is not the worst thing in the world, it's still a hard thing to deal with. I have just received a life sentence of pills. But, thank God for modern medicine; without it I would be a very high risk for a heart attack or stroke and that's not very happy! I have yet to receive word about my thyroid levels - a life sentence of pills I received a number of years ago. They tested to see if I need an increase in dosage - I kind of hope I do since an increased dose will give me more energy. We shall see at 9:50am today. Until then...

No comments: