Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We're not going to take this lying down...LOL


The weirdest thing just happened. I walked out to the mailbox at our apartment complex and observed a man laying on the ground right near where I needed to be. (Instead of taking a picture of the man, I decided to post a pic of my doggie laying down because she is MUCH cuter than a weird guy sleeping in the grass). In any case, I walked out to drop off our nextflix video - bringing the dog outside with me of course. Once I saw the man laying on the ground I promptly turned around and went back to the apartment to get Shawn (I don't feel safe without the man). We quietly walked over to him, about 20 feet away and asked him if he was ok. He said yes. We asked him if he needed assistance and of course he said no. So, Shawn and I walked back to the apartment and decided we should call someone for help. Good thing the apartment complex has security because the last thing we need is to call the cops and have to stay up all night to fill out a police report.

There was one thing kind of creepy about the situation - I mean, other than the fact that a man was laying on the lawn at almost 1am. Shawn and I just got finished watching 24 and I had this weird sense that he was going to get up and come after me with a gun. For those of you who watch 24 you know why. Everyone in that show is a suspect and carries a gun. So, before I went back to the apartment to get Shawn I literally RAN back to the apartment for fear that the inebriated (or so I assume) man got up in a fit of manipulation and deceived me into thinking he needed help but really he wanted to kidnap me and hold me for ransom all the while threatening national security. Then, CTU would have to get involved, Jack Bauer would inevitably come to my rescue - all within the time span of 24 hours. Yes, I understand that my mind runs wild at 1am, especially after watching 4 episodes of 24 - but hey - one can never be too careful when walking alone in the dark. I would rather nip the whole situation in the bud before having to get Jack Bauer involved (not for a lack of wanting to meet Kiefer Sutherland because - WOW, he's a hottie - but lets not talk about that right now). Weird night!!!

No comments: