Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still no camera

I still can't find my camera - too bad too, it was pretty expensive. I am going to look around down here and then in Placerville this weekend when we travel up there. I really want to post some pictures in the middle of our remodel and then when we are done so we can really see the progress. I know a new coat of paint is going to make the house look brand spanking new. Plus, our new windows (when we actually get those in) are going to make the house look really really good.

On a different note, I have started teaching at both colleges - and I swear, with this new prep - my life is pretty much over for the next 4 months. I have invited my friend Vanessa to observe me this week since she has this whole week off. I hope she comes! She is leery about coming because she thinks that I am going to be nervous when she comes - and I probably will - but I have also known her for 16 years or so and I know that she is going to be supportive even if I do something strange. But, with the way Evergreen's classes are going, I don't think there is going to be too much problem. My classes are so incredibly intelligent - especially the first class of the day. I have a few, what I call, "heavy hitters". These students are very intelligent and know the material in and out. So, in order to interest them I have been bringing in material from other books (which my 'heavy hitters' seemed to really like). Yesterday it took me about 3-4 hours to prepare for. I am expecting that Thursday's class is going to be about the same. I knew a new prep was going to be hard, but not this time consuming. But I guess that's the nature of the game. I think every new prep is going to take this much time. I can't wait until I have prepped for all of the classes I am every going to teach so I can just breeze through it like I do for the public speaking class. But that probably won't happen for years and years. Oh well - you can't win 'em all can you? :)

No comments: