Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Yesterday's post was a downer....

Since yesterday's post was such a downer, I thought I would give you all a bit of insight into why I keep teaching even after I get irritated with my students on occasion. One of my classes (at one of the three college's I work at) really impress the pants off me. They are engaged every step of the way. They listen to lecture, ask insightful questions, really put thought into their in class activities, and they even laugh at my jokes most of the time. (They think I am kind of goofy - and I must admit, when I am in class, I AM pretty goofy). I really enjoy this particular class. I almost turned down the offer to teach this class, but at the last minute decided to stick with it. Boy am I glad I did. They are a great class (short of a couple of students with an attitude, but that's to be expected in any class) and I have already made some friends that I know I will keep in touch with over the course of the next couple of years. I love when that happens - when my students turn out to be my friends (after the semester ends of course). I still keep in contact with one of my students from the very first quarter I taught at De Anza. I am excited at the prospect of making more friends. We shall see what happens after this semester ends. More blessings......my class of students whom I adore....yipppeee!!! :) Until tomorrow! Have a blessed night.

No comments: