Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Here's something odd....


I guess I should put this under a 'confessions' heading, but I don't want to think of any beyond this one. Sorry!

There have been about 3 or 4 times throughout my adult (after 18) life that I have forgotten to wash my hair in the shower. Isn't that weird? I simply got into the shower and apparently did things 'out of order'. I didn't really think that I had an 'order' that I did things in while in the shower, but apparently I do. LOL On said occasions, I get out of the shower and start to blow dry my hair and quickly figure out that I have not washed my hair. And since I wash my hair everyday I either get back into the shower or stick my head in the sink to finish said washing.

On a bit of a different note, while I was in Russia as a TL with TM one of the other female leaders 'challenged' me to not wash my hair for a day. I thought this was quite interesting because she barely knew me but decided that she wanted to challenge me to do something I wouldn't normally do. I politely declined and then explained that just the year before I was in Peru and didn't take a shower for a week which obviously meant no hair washing - - - ewwww, I know - but it was a must for the village trip we went on. No hair washing, no body washing, no face washing - ewwww! But hey, it was all for mission right? So now, living in the lap of luxury in America, one of the blessings in this great land is the ability to wash my hair and take a shower everyday. Still, every once and a while I will not wash my hair, but it's only for about 36 hours or so....otherwise I hop into the shower. :)

NOTE: As a bit of a side note, I interviewed with Sierra College this past Friday. From my perspective the interview went really well. They said that I should hear back about their decision sometime TODAY. I am praying and praying and praying that I get this gig with Sierra. Even though it's a 45 minute drive each way, I need to be in the classroom teaching. I will update when I hear something.

No comments: