Monday, April 2, 2007

Caution, wet paint



If I never see another can of paint it will be too soon. The last three days, plus last weekend and countless weekends before, Shawn and I have painted. I am so sick of paint.....sick sick sick sick sick sick sick of paint. I don't think this blog will do it justice, but I can certainly tell you that I hate painting. As you probably know, we purchased a house that hadn't been painted in 16 years. That's 16 years of sun on the outside of the house (which wasn't properly painted in the first place) and 16 years of cigarette smoke residue soaking into the walls, and 16 years of hand smudges gathering on the walls and doors. Uggghhh!!

Jonathan and Sharon came over last night and helped me paint the workout room/my office. I must say, it looks really good. I picked a very nice blue color...and as soon as I get finished painting all of the trim and finish the walls I will post a pic. The walls are a brighter blue color and the trim and doors are bright white. We used semi-gloss paint. There is only one room in the house that has flat paint (we used flat upon the suggestion of someone we know) and will seriously NEVER do that again. Flat paint is the worst!!! Some people love it and will only use flat - but I can honestly say that I will not use paint without some kind of sheen to it - whether that be high gloss, semi-gloss or egg shell. Nope, never, not gonna do it!

But, in a few days I will be able to resume my workouts since my workout room/office will be finished.

Only one more coat on the trim and I will be done.

No comments: