Monday, April 30, 2007

I wanted to wait, but....

Ok, here's the deal.......



I have been trying to wait to cut and color my hair, but the warm snap going on here is making me re-think this decision. I really want to wait, and in fact, I had already decided to wait until mid-summer to get some highlights and chop off the hair, but I don't think that's going to hold up. I am so incredible sick of my hair being in a pony tail - I hate it so much, in fact, that I am thinking of taking a pair of scissors to it tonight. However, I am not sure I will get the desired result if I do this.

The picture above is something like what I want this time around. Right after the wedding a couple of years ago, I chopped off my hair pretty drastically and loved it. Not sure why I decided to grow it out again, but inevitably I have. I think this is because I don't want to deal with my hair. I want to get up, blow dry and go. And, if I maintain a hairstyle, that means that I need to think about it every couple of months or so......but I simply don't wanna!!! And no one can make me (is this reminiscent of tantrums when we were younger?). :)

So, I am chopping it off. I do still need to think about this for a couple of week, so it's not going to happen soon - but I kinda want to get it done before my birthday.......ahem......my 30th birthday that is. I am feeling like I need to shed off my 20's, and a way to do that is redefine myself for a period of time with a new style (because of course hair grows back right?). What do you think????

I am aiming for the hairstyle above - not just because Charlize Theron is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen (and yes, if I were a lesbian, I would totally do her....lol), but because my hair is already the base color - so some highlights will do well in my hair. In addition to the color, I have already had my hair that short and it looked fairly cute - so....I think I am gonna go for it soon.

No comments: