Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Office (not the TV show)

I am in the middle of wallpaper removal hell. There is one wall in my office that had felt on it when we bought the house (see the right side of the first picture) and wallpaper under the felt (who the heck would felt OVER wallpaper???). The crazy freaking people that used to live here, that's who..........But, I am no match for wallpaper. I am scraping and scraping and scraping. For those of you that are remodeling a house, or are choosing what to do to your walls, paint, paper, etc.... DON'T WALLPAPER YOUR WALLS!!! Please do the future owners of your house a service and make it easy for them to de-skank your house with ease.

In addition to NEVER painting with flat paint again, I will NEVER wallpaper a wall. Nope, not gonna do it, never! Having said that, here are the before and after pics of the room so far. I am still working on the wallpaper wall, so it's not pictured, but at least you can get the idea of what the colors look like. Enjoy!!!


The before picture:

(Take a look at the felt panels on the right side of the room. Check out the cabinet to the left - yikes)



The after picture:

(The wall color has changed, we ripped out the carpet, painted the walls blue - the picture does not do the color justice, and painted the trim and 'accessories' white. Everyone kept telling me to rip out the cabinet, but after removing the nasty old hardware and painting it white - which took about a million coats and is still not done, I think it looks mighty cute. What do you think?)

No comments: