Wednesday, April 4, 2007

To be a college instructor, or not to be???

I am thinking I may be changing career paths soon. I can certainly go back to being a college instructor, which I enjoy greatly. Or, I can find a job doing something else, something I am an expert in like HR, accounting, administration or even sales. But here is the issue - be a college instructor for VERY little money, have to drive an hour each way for only ONE class and to spend a ton of money on gas is not too appealing. Plus, if I did that and couldn't teach about 5 classes (still waiting for July to arrive - that's when Sacramento State said they would contact me about classes), we would be dipping into our meager savings every month. It's either that or work in an office and stare at the clock ALL day (simply because I am pretty proficient and usually get done with tasks/assignments/projects fairly quickly and have nothing to do for the rest of the day), which I don't enjoy too much but would probably make a decent amount of money doing. My heart and head are at war.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have an interview with the government agency in a week and I hope I am offered the job. I will definitely take it if it's offered. That is, unless a better offer comes along.

Oh what is a girl to do? I think having a Master's Degree in a place like Placerville is working against me at this point.

NOTE: A new recipe review is coming soon: Chicken Cattiatore. Keep an eye out for it. :)

No comments: