Thursday, May 10, 2007

I know I'm obsessed...so what?

I am about 90% done with the bathroom remodel. Overall, not too hard of a project. It is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house. I love being in there - it's soooo pretty. :) Shawn seems to think I love it so much because I did most of it myself (Shawn helped with the sink plumbing and installed the light fixture - two things I don't mess around with...I don't have enough experience with those two things, so I needed Shawn's help a little). But, I did install the toilet myself - that's right - installed the 'O' ring and everything.

Here are some interim pictures. I will post a final picture when I am completely done. I still have the curtains to put up, install the toilet paper holder and towel racks and add something decorative like a small laundry bench (which I bought today, but am not sure I am going to keep - I will see what I can find at Ikea tomorrow). Let me know what you think......and, I know there are a BUNCH of people out there who read my blog but never comment......NOW is the time to comment. :)




(From right outside the door - note the purple bathmats)


(Shower curtain - please look past the hideous shower tile)


Bathroom mirror - tomorrow I am going to add some lilac ribbon to replace the cream ribbon at the top.


This material (lilac and white small checkers) is going to become the curtains - and possibly a runner or two for some accessories - and maybe even a ribbon around the waste basket....who knows.


Another pic of the mirror - just because I thought it was kinda cool.

Now look down, a couple of posts below and look at the before picture - quite a difference. And remember, please post a comment (I would like to know what you think - is it cute? too sickly country? do you hate this design? do you want me to come design your house?). This is not my traditional style of design, but I really like the design for this room.

No comments: