Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Keep and eye out...

There is a very special recipe coming this week/weekend. I don't know exactly when I am going to do it, but it's gonna happen soon. Shawn has been pining over this dish for quite some time now, and I have finally found an easy recipe that I can throw together. Hopefully he's gonna love it. As a teaser, I will only tell you that it's an Italian dish, and something I have never made before.

On a bit of a different note. Shawn asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to make preserves. I replied with an emphatic YES!!! I have always wanted to make preserves, and now we are going to. Sometime this summer, of course, because of all of the amazing fresh fruit we can get up here. So, this summer will be the summer of canning.

Oh yeah - I just emailed my mom for a TOP SECRET chunky apple sauce recipe from my Aunt. Since I live in Apple Hill now, I think it's about time I learned her recipe. Oh gosh, I am so excited to make it. When I was younger, it was one of the only things I wanted to eat when we visited her house.

Stay tuned for recipes to come.....

No comments: