Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My 30th Birthday ended with a bang....

My 30th birthday was pretty relaxed. Shawn asked what I wanted for my birthday - and I told him I wanted the trim board done downstairs. And that's what I got. :) I am a bit too focused on the party we are having here in a bit over a week to be focused on gifts (although - I do LOVE gifts). But, the night ended in a very interesting way. Shawn and I sometimes put a mattress out in the living room - and we sleep out there. I like camping in the living room, it's pretty fun. :) But, last night at about 11:00pm, we were watching TV on our mattress in the living room, I was falling asleep, Shawn was on his computer, when all of a sudden, the front door bursts open with a huge BANG!!!! Of course, being woken up like that, naturally I started screaming. Shawn jumped up in a split second and the dog whet full charge to attack (Tess is a WONDERFUL guard dog). As it turns out, the door wasn't closed all the way and there was a huge gust of wind that thrust the door open - not some freakishly weird serial killer that I had been screaming at. All in all, an interesting end to my 30th birthday.

No comments: