Friday, May 18, 2007

Married women can probably relate



One of my favorite King of Queens episodes (titled “Switch Sitters) starts out like this:

Doug: (Walks into the kitchen where Carrie is sitting and drinking coffee) “Hey, do you know where the scissors are?”

Carrie: (Sighs irritably) “Doug, we have lived in this house for nine years. K? The scissors have always been in the same place, and yet you continue to ask me where they are. Not to mention the spatula, the pot holders, the pens. I’ll tell ya somethin’ honey, I have been a tour guide in my own kitchen long enough. Too many precious moments have been wasted showing you where things are. Just learn, LEARN!!! I mean, what if I died? How would you flip a pancake? How would you cut anything ever again? Would ya just sit here weeping and soiling yourself until someone came in to help you? No you wouldn’t! You would (sucks air in and raises hands to mouth taunting Doug) remember where something is. So come on honey, please, just this once, find where the scissors are. Find em. Go ahead baby – go get em.

Doug: (walks over to kitchen drawer) “I got em” (turns to Carrie looking sheepish yet proud and confident)

Carrie: (looking at Doug beaming because he did it on his own) “You got em, you got em. Now was that so hard?”

Doug: “Not really, no”

Carrie: (looking at Doug even more irritably) “What do you need now?”

Doug: (confused) “Tape”


Maybe it's just me, but I assume that married women everywhere can probably relate.

No comments: