Friday, May 18, 2007

Things.....just things......

My semester starts here in about 4 weeks. Am I prepared? No!!! But really - what college instructor prepares 4 weeks ahead of time???? Especially when they have taught the class about a hundred times before? In any case, I guess I will have everything prepared by the week before the class starts. And, sometime before that I should go check out the campus I am teaching at. Can you tell that I am not really worried about this? I am excited beyond belief that I found a job here in the greater Sacramento/Lake Tahoe area, but don't see it as something to panic about.

Yesterday my sister-in-law and I went down to the local blood donation center and gave blood (thanks to my sister-in-law for motivating me enough to do it). In college once I tried to give blood but was rejected because I was a bit anemic.....actually, quite anemic. But, this time I am in full health and was able to donate. I thought it was going to be terribly painful, but all in all it wasn't bad. The guy who put the needle in knew what he was doing because I barely felt anything. After a few minutes though I was feeling a bit drained (pun intended). No, but really - I felt a bit tired and energy-less. And, when I got home, walking up and down the stairs, I feel winded. Today I still don't feel 100%, but I am ok. :) I think I am going to make this an every 8 weeks kinda thing. (That is, if I remember).

The countdown to the party is on. My sister is coming next weekend to help out. Probably to decorate and shop and stuff. I am excited!!!! So remember, if you are in the Sacramento/Lake Tahoe area on June 2nd, please feel free to come by and grab a burger and/or a polish dog and a beer (yes, there will be alcohol there). Of course there will be TONS of other food there - so if you do stop by, I promise you will be well fed. :)

No comments: