Thursday, May 3, 2007

MMO's

About a year ago I started to play World of Warcraft with my hubby. If you don't know what this is, you're lucky. It's an online Massive Multiplayer Online game. Shawn had been bugging me to start a character for a while, and so about a year ago I finally conceded. I created a character and had some fun playing with Shawn. Well, when I finally did start playing, in our teeny tiny apartment, there was no room for an extra player at our very small desk that sat in the dining room. So, I gave up and told him that I would continue with my character when we moved to our ginormous house....especially since I am currently unemployed. I haven't started again until recently because I have been looking for a job, and that's been consuming every ounce of mental energy I have - I also let my account lapse, and didn't reactivate it until a couple of weeks ago. It's been fun playing with him (Shawn seems to think I like the interaction with people better than playing - and that's true...I chat with people over TeamSpeak every chance I get), but I remember one of the reasons why I stopped playing. It's hard for me to sit at a desk for hours at a time (which is why I can't do desk jobs....and has forced me to be a college instructor). By hour two last night, my back was killing me (but we got into a group and played for another two hours, which was fun, but definitely not worth the pain.....my brother-in-law plays, and his wife just created a character this week). I think we are going to buy the Lord of the Rings MMO and start playing that. While WOW is fun, I think LOTR will be even more fun. :) Shawn and I have been waiting over a year for that stupid LOTR game to be released - and, as of April 24th, it has been. Can't wait!!!

No comments: