Saturday, May 5, 2007

Sometimes my dreams come true, sometimes they don't

I have been having a string of dreams about my sister being pregnant. Last night I had, what is it now, the 4th or 5th dream that my sister is pregnant. In the past some of my dreams have come true. Like, I have known things before they happen, or while they are happening (that I wasn't aware of) - really, they are things I know nothing about until they come to light. Last night was no exception. My sister announced that she was having a baby. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no idea if this dream is going to come true or not. And, there is lots of baby talk going on around here in Placerville - I mean really, what do people do around here? Get married young - and it seems - have babies really young. Every place you go around here it seems like there is some 19 or 20 year old with a baby attached to them. And you know what - God bless them for doing it so young. At least they have the energy to keep up with the kids right?

Plus, Julie - my wonderful sister-in-law has a 6 month old who is just the cutest baby EVER and incredibly well behaved. I keep telling her that I need to hang out with her and the baby in order to 'get it out of my system' - which is true. I can't seem to shake this motherly desire right now....and it's been months - the longest one of these wanting to be a mommy times has ever lasted. So, maybe that is what's going on - my maternal instinct getting the best of me. I guess that makes sense - I am turning 30 here in a few weeks. Maybe my proverbial biological clock is ticking......who knows. All I know is that it's my sister telling me in my dreams, over and over again that she is pregnant. I hope it's true - I want to be an aunt again.

No comments: