Monday, May 7, 2007

Anatomy of a Weekend

Friday

Morning - didn't want to get out of bed, even though I had been awake for hours. I finally got out of bed at 8:30ish/9:30ish and worked out. I lifted weights in my PJ's. I love lifting weights, but I can't seem to do it more than once a week. (This week is going to be different). Done working out, off to the showers.

Afternoon -
Got ready and went down to a VERY overpriced sushi place for lunch in Folsom, simply because I had been craving good sushi. It was good, but I don't think I will ever spend that much on sushi again. Came back up the hill to get paint for Shawn's office. By the time we got back it was late afternoon/early evening.

Evening - played WOW/watched TV for a number of hours. Finally got our lazy butts up around 9pm to paint the rest of Shawn's office. While we were painting, I worked out again. I was done with my task - the hallway near Shawn's office, so I worked out for about 25 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Night - got done working out, played WOW until all hours of the night. It was fun, but my back was killing me again by the time we were done....damn back!!!

Saturday

Morning - I got up early again (do we see a pattern here?). Worked out for almost an hour on the treadmill, alternating a 10% incline, the highest setting on my treadmill and a 0% incline - as if I am hiking or something. Got done working out at about 11:00am....just in time for Shawn to wake up. I showered. It was about 11:30am when we received our new Lord of the Rings MMO....of course we had to play.

Afternoon - 11:31am, went downstairs and shirked ALL responsibility and played LOTRO (our new game). We played for a few hours, until it came time for me to make a Chinese Chicken Salad for Jonathan's birthday party (Jonathan is Shawn little brother - he turned 22). We cleaned the house, and made the Chicken Salad. :)

Evening - Party at Jonathan and Sharon's! We had a good time - even though Shawn's hurt his back and he was in a bit of pain (better now though). :) We stayed over there until about 1am or so. Much fun ensued.

Night - Shawn's cousin Chris and his fiance Crystal stayed at our place (
we cleaned the house before they came over - which is kinda how Shawn tweeked his back). We stayed up until 3:30am....well, that's when I bonked! I couldn't stay awake anymore, and I knew it was coming upon the time where I would have caught my second wind had a I stayed up...but then I would have been up all night. The four of us watched MXC, and had snacks......cheese, fresh baked bread (from TJ's - it was yummy, I was impressed), oil and vinegar dip (one of mine and Shawn's default party/gathering items), taquitos, chips, snack mix, olives (because cheese and olives go together divinely), and some other stuff I can't think of right now. Shawn, Chris and Crystal stayed up a bit later than I did.....but then again, they are all a bit younger than me.....man I'm getting old.

Sunday

Morning - Woke up at about 7am (the pattern continues). Stayed in bed for a half hour or so then went out onto the couch in the living room and watched cartoons (I am getting old....but some things never change). I sat there and watched the Jetson's and Smurf's and knitted with my new knitting loom. Everyone else woke up a bit later. We met Jonathan and Sharon and a couple of their friends from the Bay Area, Robert and Lisa for brunch at a place called Sweetie Pie's. Here's the deal with Sweetie Pie's......Shawn and I had been meaning to visit this place for a while. It's a restaurant in Placerville on Main Street. Ever since we started looking for a house up here in mid-late 2005 we had been meaning to try out this place, but simply didn't. When we moved up here, Shawn's sister told us we should check it out - but we didn't. Then, two weeks ago Shawn and I planned on going in there for brunch - never went. Finally, yesterday, we went. I must say, it wasn't spectacular, but it was really good. I had a veggie scramble - YUUUMMMM!!!!! (I am definitely going to make this at home). Overall, we had a nice time.

Afternoon - came back home and went to sleep. Of course Shawn slept 2 hours more than I did....AGAIN!!! But whatever, at least I got a nap right?

Evening - Went out at about 7pm or so to get dinner. Shawn wanted McDonald's........but I didn't. So, I cooked sesame/teriyaki chicken with white rice and broccoli. Of course I had a bite of his Big Mac, and had 2 chicken nuggets...enough to curb my craving - but ended up eating my chicken/rice/veggies anyway.

Night - played LOTRO for HOURS, then stopped playing that at about 11pm - then got back on the computer at 12:00am/1:00am (can't remember now) and played WoW for a little while. Finally around 2:30 or so, I was done and went to bed. Sometimes I love being unemployed.......only sometimes though.



NOTE: Stay tuned for a post called "Anatomy of a Party". I have been trying to plan my birthday party - the menu, decorations, entertainment etc.... but have had a bit of a mental block......until this morning that is. :) Will post soon about the "Anatomy of a Party".

No comments: