Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The poopy hole in the floor


This pic was taken before we owned the house.



Hideous shower tile in the downstairs bathroom.

So here we are again. Remodeling. Again. This time it's gonna be a bit different. Why, you ask? Thanks for asking!!! Well, because I am remodeling this bathroom all on my own. Yes, that's right folks - ALL ON MY OWN!!!!!!!!! No husband, no contractor - nobody but me. I 'uninstalled' the toilet (did you know that when you take a toilet out of the house, there is a big poopy hole in the floor??? Ewwww), vanity, medicine cabinet and towel rack all on my own (although my husband did give me some pointers with the plumbing - and he DID watch over my shoulder and kept saying, "do you want me to do it"......no thanks, babe, I can do it). So, last night we went to one of the major home improvement stores and picked up a toilet - an extended bowl toilet......for reasons only my wonderful husband can explain (apparently it, ahem (clears throat), 'works' better for men to have an extended bowl) - and a new pedestal sink. This afternoon I will be sanding the holes I patched and priming the walls. Tomorrow I will put two finish coats on the walls and replace the floor - that's right - I do floors too ALL ON MY OWN. Then on Thursday I will be installing the new toilet and pedestal sink. After that I will be purchasing all of the extras - the medicine cabinet - towel racks - a storage unit for the corner of the bathroom - window covering etc.... The only thing I will NOT be doing is replacing the hideous tile in the shower just yet. I think we are going to leave that for now since we will be ripping out the shower and moving it over to the other side of the bathroom - and I suspect that's going to take a while.

I will post pictures as I make progress. I just hope we can get everything done before my 30th BIRTHDAY PARTY on JUNE 2nd. (Lately Shawn and I have lost our motivation for remodeling the house - and, even WITH motivation I am not sure we can get it all done before the party.....yikes....we need help!!!) So - if you are in the Lake Tahoe/Sacramento area on June 2nd, please feel free to come over and grab a burger and a beer and hang out for a while for my 30th b-day celebration.

No comments: