Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A little insight

I think I have figured something out about the attitude differences between people in the Bay Area and Placerville.

Bay Area: People are primarily interested in how they can get ahead in life.

Placerville: People are primarily interested in how they can get by and be happy.

Very interesting differences. I was thinking about this on my drive home last night from class (you know, the one that I teach at Sierra College). The difference seems to be that people in this area are concerned with how they can be happy in life while getting by with the simple things - you know, a house, a car, and of course a family. Those that are in the Bay Area are concerned with how they can get ahead, be rich, famous and make their mark in life. Big differences, very blatant. I think I like the attitudes up here much more. :)

No comments: