Monday, June 18, 2007

Some things...

Things I have learned over the last few days:

1). Building a vegetable garden is HARD work!

2). Filling the vegetable garden with really good soil is hard work. Picture this: a truck load of soil from a local gardening center (a cubic yard to be exact), shoveling it into a wheelbarel and moving it across a yard is hard work. As Shawn and I always say, "And Jesus walked to Galilee" (this statement may not be historically accurate - maybe you could enlighten me - but the statement itself means that there were simply 5 words to describe probably weeks of walking in the blazing sun, facing hardship, eating grain along the way, probably not the most pleasant walk in the world, but it was done, and simply described in approximately 5 words).

3). It's probably not a good idea to take an hour and a half walk after shoveling soil for about an hour.

4). Our neighbors are pretty nosy people. I must qualify this - our immediate neighbors are really really nice people. It's the other people in the neighborhood that are a bit nosy and gossipy.

5). Since our neighbors are slightly yenta-ish, we found out that the woman we bought the house from was NOT a nice person at all. I could have told you that. But, apparently she was NOT a nice person to her mother whom she was taking care of. And, not to get into too much detail, explains some of the markings on the walls and stains on the walls in our house when we moved in.

6). A man named Chet works at our local Sherwin Williams (I learned this weeks ago, but have been trying to work into a post since then).

7). Tess likes ice water as much as we do after an hour and a half walk.

8). I want to lead a mission trip VERY soon. I was a TL with TM a couple of times and really enjoyed it. I would like to go back with either TM or another organization next summer and actually lead the trip as a PD or something in a logistics capacity. Now that we are settled in our house, there really is NO excuse not to go on a mission trip again. So, if anyone out in blog land needs a logistics person for their next mission trip, I am your lady. :)

9). Many people read my blog, but about 3 of the comment on a normal basis. So, comment people, comment. (I didn't learn this in the last week either, but really - I love the comments). :)

No comments: