Thursday, July 12, 2007

8 pairs




Yes, that's right folks, I have purchased my husband 8 pairs of the same exact shoes. For those of you that know my husband, you know that he ALWAYS wears the same shoe no matter what. There are a few times that I have gotten him to wear a sneaker - yep, that's right, he sometimes wears sneakers....but rarely! We have been unable to find the particular shoe that he wears (it looks like Airwalks, but alas, they are NOT Airwalks otherwise they would be really easy to find!). In case you were wondering, these shoes are ONLY sold at Payless Shoe Source - not my first choice for buying shoes, but hey, he found a pair he really likes and I am ok with that. Like I was saying, we have been unable to find the shoes anywhere - Payless does not carry them anymore because they carry the look-a-like Airwalk shoe that sells for $7 more than this one. So, to avoid the crisis of having the shoe discontinued in the near future and to avoid the incessant complaining that they do not carry his shoe anymore, I decided to wait until they were having their BOGO sale (buy one, get one half off) and get him the max number that I could order in one transaction - 8 pairs of shoes. Hopefully he won't need shoes again for another 3 years - and by that time he will be 30 and hopefully have changed his style a bit (I won't count on it though, he's had the same style since he was 16, but one can hope right?).

No comments: