Monday, July 16, 2007

Classes

Apparently Sierra College has a week of classes that instructors can take. Yesterday I checked the mail and got a schedule and a registration form. The classes I am hopefully going to take are CPR, First Aid (both classes give a certification - thank God because mine have lapsed), Photography and of course the semi-mandatory Department Meeting. Oh yeah, the best part??? The classes ARE FREE - and even better than that - THEY PAY ME TO TAKE THEM!!!! Yep, that's right, they are paying me to take these classes. I just hope that I can take the CPR and First Aid classes because only 10 instructors out of like 500 or 1,000 can take that class. I faxed my registration form in promptly, so I hope I get the classes. We shall see though. I don't really want to pay for something I don't need to.

I was so excited to get this guide in the mail! Shawn and I were downstairs on our computers when I opened it up and got all excited about being able to take class again. He said to me, "DoubleP (that's his nickname for me meaning "Precious Princess") you are so weird. People are normally relieved when they are able to stop taking classes". Nope! No sir! Not me! I can't wait to take classes again...thus the desire to get a second masters degree. :) We will see how that one works out though.

Oh yeah, and yesterday at church we got to talking to a guy who trains guide or working dogs. Shawn and I decided that once Tess is no longer with us, that we are going to do it. You get a dog at about 8-10 weeks old, and you lightly train the dog, mainly through socialization and basic commands, and then you give the dog back at about a year to two years old depending on how busy the intense part of the training program is. PERFECT!!!!!! This way you have the company of a dog all the time, restaurants, movie theaters, vacations, etc... and you don't have to watch the doggie get old and die (which is what is preventing us from ever getting another dog).

I am a dog lover, but I can't handle them getting sick or dying. It kills me to think that someday Tess won't be with us. And, I don't think I could handle that twice. And, this way we are giving back to the community. It will be intense I am sure - and I will be sad to see the dog go, but there is a better end this way. The dog now gets to do what it loves - - - work! Dogs get so happy when they are able to work and please their masters. How cool is it to be able to be a part of that?

Enough for now!!! Until later.....

No comments: