Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh Happy Day!




During my last class yesterday an awesome storm began. I called Shawn to see if it was up in Placerville yet - nope! Thank God because we hadn't secured the hot tub cover on all sides. So, I called him and mentioned that it was raining really hard, and hailing a little and there was VERY loud thunder and amazing lightning. Well, only a little wind and rain hit Placerville - but I was excited nonetheless that I got caught in an amazing thunderstorm during/after class. It rained a little last night and is very cloudy today. We are prepared. Last night Shawn secured the last two straps on the hot tub and we are good to go. (When we placed the hot tub I asked him to secure the straps - and let's just say that there was a bit of disagreement about doing it yesterday - and to make a long story short, it needed to be done). Quite a number of years ago I had a bit of a hot tub mishap. The cover flew off and broke a window. I knew there was a storm coming in and didn't want that to happen again. So, needless to say, the straps are secured - and well, simply put, I was right! :) Wind was mildly strong yesterday, and we would have lost the cover had it not been secured down. Thanks for doing that babe, even though you didn't want to - I think it was the best decision. I will post pics of the hot tub when I get around to it.

Oh, how I am glad the weather is changing! And, I feel blessed that I got to see the thunderstorm. Thanks God! It lifted my spirits.

No comments: