Thursday, October 11, 2007

Why???

I know it's a part of everyday life - but why is it that people continue to make suicide comments TO ME after knowing that my father committed suicide a few years ago? I will NEVER understand people! Of course I never say anything because I know, more times than not, it's not something people think about (and I say stuff all the time that I don't mean or regret saying and wish I could take back) - but really? I think commenting, or joking about suicide is definitely a part of everyday life, but talking about it in such graphic form as to say, "blow your/my brains out" is just too much for me to handle (and probably always will). Let me qualify this.......I know that people are going to joke about it, and I know that many many people in my life don't know about the situation - so OF COURSE I have a forgiving heart. But, I guess, to say it simply - for those that are close to me, it hurts my feelings. Simply said!

One of my very closest friends made a comment to this effect not a few months after my dad's death and promptly apologized. And I very much appreciated her apology at the time. But, I have hesitated to blog about this because I ABSOLUTELY do not want people walking on eggshells around me - NOR do I want people to apologize for what they have said - there's not point. I want people to be who they are. But what I DO want is for people to be slightly sensitive to the situation......not alter who they are, just sensitive I guess (because every time something like that is mentioned in such a graphic way, it effects me deeply). With that said - I don't want to talk about it anymore - I have said my peace and now I am done!

Look for a happier blog later. I will maybe even blog about the Thai Lettuce Wraps I am making for lunch with a few different sauces.....maybe! :)

No comments: