Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Great Hair Debate

I am thinking about cutting my hair again. I love it short, but I also miss my mid-length (what I consider long) hair (just past my shoulders). What should I do? When I have my hair short, it's easy to deal with but I can't put it up in a ponytail very easily and there are very few styles I can do. When it's long, I can do things with it like make it curly, leave it straight, put it half up in a twist kinda thing. I am thinking I want it long again, but I can't decide. Maybe long with layers? I don't know. I am [ this ] close to going to a salon and getting it styled. But I really LOVE longish hair - that is, unless it's long straight hair - and in that case, few people can pull it off in my personal opinion. I know a few people who can absolutely pull it off, but not many at all. I think people look much better with mid-length or longish hair with some kind of style and shape to it. I have had long shapeless hair for years (in the past), and looking back on pictures I think to myself, "what was I thinking". Well, to answer my own question, I was thinking I hated going to the salon and didn't want to think about it at all - so I let it grow. So there lies the question - what should I do with it? Remember, summers are hot where we are, and I generally want my hair off my neck - but winters are really cold and I generally want longish hair during the winter. I don't know what to do. That's it. The most exciting thing going on in my life right now is the hair decision. Gosh, my life is pathetic.

No comments: