Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I have been avoiding the blog because......

About a week ago Natalie tagged me for a meme (and I have been avoiding posting since because I couldn't think of 6 things about myself). I still don't understand what a meme is, but I do understand that I have to write 6 quirky things about myself and then tag 6 other bloggers to do the same. I don't think I can actually tag 6 people that I know 'in person', but I can try and tag some people of other blogs that I read (hopefully they will participate). Here's the scoop:

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Six Quirky Things About Me

1). I love mugs and cups. I wouldn't say that I collect mugs or cups, but I do love 'em. I have quirky mugs that I acquired when going on vacation, and other mugs that I have picked up just because. I must say though, that the BEST mugs are the quirky ones that have a story behind them. Like our new Mickey and Minnie Mouse mugs. They are "Morning's aren't pretty" mugs. I have one of Minnie, and Shawn has one of Mickey. I bought them during the last day of our trip, simply because they were cute. And, because Shawn absolutely HATES waking up and getting out of bed. Here's a picture of Shawn's mug:





2). I have to line things up. For example, the picture on the Starbucks cup has to line up with the picture on the sleeve - and those have to line up with the drink opening on the cap of the cup. I also line up things like bic pens. The words have to line up with extra piece on the cap that hangs down - but only when I am writing with it.

3). I do not like competitive people. Here's why - by nature I tend to be competitive. I have squashed that over the years - or at least tried to (please do not confuse competitive with 'doing my best', because I have had to 'check my heart' - thank you Teen Mania - when doing things other people do well - most times it's not competition, it's simply me trying to see if I can do something or if I like to do something, and then doing my very best at it). But, I must say, when someone tries to be competitive with me, it's ON!!!! I will bring my A game. This is one of the reasons why I don't like competitive people - and why I try my hardest to NOT hang out with competitive people (I don't like the competitive side of myself). My philosophy on this is: try to be the best you can and with the things that you do - competition is useless and only makes people feel bad (or superior). Life is too short to engage in such things.

4). I agree with Natalie on this one - I HATE SHOPPING!!!! I enjoy it on occasion, but now I do most of my clothes shopping online. If something doesn't fit I either send it back or I return it at the store. I don't like dressing rooms and trying on clothes. I would rather pay the shipping fees than go shopping in the store.

5). Even though I hate shopping, I LOVE FINDING GOOD DEALS. This is one of the only reasons I will venture out to the store. Now is the time to ask, 'how do you find good deals if you don't go to the store?'. I am glad you asked. I look up weekly specials ALL THE TIME. For instance, right now at Savemart Supermarket, they are having a sale on cereal. $1 a box. So Shawn and I got 4 boxes of cereal - 2 raisin bran and 2 frosted mini wheat. Also, at Safeway they are having a Buy 2, Get 3 Free on soda sale. So Shawn and I got 5 cases of Coke and 5 cases of 7up. Now we have 40 cases of soda in our house (that's a lot of sugar folks).

6). Continuing on with the shopping theme, when something is on sale, I TEND TO STOCK UP. Which is why I have 40 cases of soda in the house. I have about 1 soda a week on average. I am not a big soda drinker, simply because I LOVE water. But Shawn drinks about one soda a day, sometimes two, and we have people come over all the time that LOVE soda, so I stock up. My philosophy on this is, stock up when it's on sale. Prices are only going to go up with inflation (and probably will be going up soon since the economy is in the crapper right now). Why pay more later when you can pay less now? Good deals drive me. Shawn says that I am never happier than when I find a good deal. (I must qualify this though - it is NECESSARY to spend money on things like gifts for other people. I don't like to cheap out on gifts in general. Dinner parties - spare no expense (and sparing no expense means spending just a bit more to make your dinner party a success). People can tell when someone is being cheap. And of course parties - having that one extra appetizer is going to cost you an extra $5 dollars, but make it seem like you 'went all out'. My sister and I should write a book about throwing the perfect dinner party - Mel, you in????

Here are the people that I tag:
Melanie
Justin
Leah
Carrie
Bridget
Tiffany

No comments: